New insect protection net for organic horticulture
Now the weather is getting warmer, vegetable crops are once again under attack from harmful insects such as cabbage root fly, carrot fly and onion fly.
Duranet is bringing to the market a new ultralight insect protection net developed specially for organic horticulture.
The Duranet lightweight fly net is a unique product:
- It provides excellent protection against cabbage root fly, carrot fly, leaf-miner fly and caterpillars, and weighs about 50% less than conventional insect protection nets;
- The net’s low weight of just 45g/m² ensures that crop growth is not hindered;
- Thanks to their fine mesh structure, the nets are water-repellent and rainfall does not make them heavier;
- Thanks to its ultrafine yarns, the mesh combines optimum translucency with good air circulation;
- Knitted quality, easy to cut without fraying;
- The mesh has been stabilised against ageing from sunlight so that it can be used for several years.
The Duranet lightweight fly net is available in rolls with a length of 125m and a width of 2.40m, 4.80m, 8.00m or 12.00m. Other sizes can be provided on request.
Share this article
- Duranet supplies construction safety nets to be used around the Cathedral of Our Lady in Antwerp by Olivier Beersmans on 29/10/2019
- Playground nets Hangtime in Ostend by Maya Jonckheere on 28/08/2019
- The effect of solar radiation on plastic nets and tarpaulins by Ewout Verkempinck on 09/07/2019
- New insect protection net for organic horticulture by Olivier Beersmans on 07/06/2019
- Mandatory annual inspection of construction safety nets by Olivier Beersmans on 14/03/2019
- Duranet present at Biennale Interieur by Rik Vernack on 26/11/2018
- New in our product range: fibreglass reinforcement mesh by Patrick Van Haecke on 23/05/2018
- Discover the new 2018 Duranet catalogues! by Maya Jonckheere on 11/04/2018
- Duranet website also available in English by Olivier Beersmans on 22/03/2018
- Accidents can be prevented by covering oil pits … by Patrick Van Haecke on 09/02/2018
- Discover the new 2018 Duranet catalogues! by Helen on 06/11/2018